Friday, August 18, 2006

Zombie Unseen Art, Mitropa and MO5

This afternoon I went to see my "gallerist", the person who runs the gallery that shows my art work sometimes, here in Berlin. I took him my 1 gb memory stick, with some images of older work that he wanted for reasons, I think, of comfort.

His old PC couldn't read the stick. If he was any good he'd have a retro iMac like all the other galleries here. So I took it to a Turkish tobacconist's, who burned the folder of images onto a CD. This took about 20 seconds and cost 1,50 ?, and that question mark, dear useless Blogspot, should be a Euro sign.

The tobacconist cared not a jot what was in the folder. I didn't either by then. The gallerist will probably never open it. It exists in a way as art, but not art as we know it Jim. Its only life now comes from this posting.

Or would, were it not for the fact that I can not resist showing here one picture from the folder, of older work with hints of pre-Zombie non-feeling.

An ex-East German restaurant car nailed to an early Thomson MO5 computer. 1990


Or as the Arts Museum at Chiang Mai University in Thailand has it:


And if you have been, thanks for looking.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...